Register as a business or government authorised officer
Steps to register
When you start the registration process, you will need to indicate what type of user you are before entering your details.
Selecting a user type:
If you are from a large business or from a Government organisation that manages debt collections in-house (i.e, a legal professional is not appointed to perform this function for your company/organisation) there are two role types you can choose.
I am a director/authorised officer of a company (e.g. Pty Ltd) or Authorised officer of a Local, State or Commonwealth government agency, or
I am an employee managing or accessing cases on behalf of a director of a company or an authorised officer of a Local, State or Commonwealth government agency.
You’ll need two forms of ID from this list to complete registration. Note that you must enter your details exactly as shown on your identification documents:
• Australian Driver’s licence
• Australian electoral roll
• Medicare Card
• Australian passport
• Australian Citizenship Certificate
• Change of Name Certificate
• Phone Book
• A PDF copy of a utility bill or international passport is also accepted. (This may delay your account registration).
The role of authorised officer, allows you to set up an electronic organisation (eOrg) within the Online Registry to add other delegates (staff) from your organisation to manage cases. After you have completed registration, you may create an eOrg. See the quick reference guide on how to set up an eOrg.
Once you’ve followed the prompts to enter your personal information and created a password including answers to 2 secret questions, you will receive an email containing a verification code.
Your verification code and your username will be sent to you via the email address you have supplied. Please wait at least 30 minutes for this email to arrive. Enter your verification code as shown.
What to do if you don’t receive an email with a verification code
Check your junk mail.
If you do not receive an email with a verification code, have entered the wrong email address, or you return to the Online Registry website Login screen at a later date having deleted the email you were sent, you will need to re-enter your email address and request another verification code before you can complete registration. To do this you will need to:
- Enter your username (contact our support staff who can look this up using your first name and surname, if needed).
- Enter the password you created when you originally completed the first stage of the registration process.
If you have submitted your verification code, enter the user name that was sent to you, and the password you created on the ORW Login page. Your information is confidential and needs to remain secure.
- The first time you log in, you will need to provide us with some identification from the list provided in Step 1. You’ll need at least 2 forms of identification from the list provided in Step 1 before you can proceed.
- If you are logging in as an employee of a authorised officer or company, you will not be able to proceed further until your employer adds you to their profile.
From the list of documents shown in Step 1, choose identification documents that add up to 100% so we can confirm your identity.
Select and upload your identification documents. The verification bar at the top of the screen will confirm the verified percentage of the documents uploaded. Once you have submitted the relevant identification information required, click the Finish button.
Authorised officers: Your account will be active but you cannot begin filing forms until you have registered an electronic organisation. To register an electronic organisation, click on the Manage profile tab, or search FAQs to find out more.
Employees of authorised officers: Your account will not be active until you have been added to an electronic organisation associated with your company and been assigned permission to certain cases.