How do I apply for a refund?

You can apply for a refund if you filed a form via the Online Registry website, paid a transaction fee and; 

  • you believe you were overcharged for the form
  • you paid twice for filing the same form
  • you were charged the wrong fee for the form
  • your filing transaction was rejected, but a fee was charged. 

Refunds will not be given if the service has been provided.

How to apply

You will need to: 

  1. Complete the Online Registry Refund Application (a separate application is required for each filing transaction)
  2. Attach a copy of the tax invoice for the relevant transaction
  3. Attach any other supporting documentation, such as a letter from the court, confirming that you are entitled to a refund
  4. Email the completed and signed application and supporting documents to

Requests for refunds for forms filed over the counter or by mail should be directed to the registry where the document was filed. 

How will my refund be issued?

If your application is approved, the refund will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer to the bank account nominated on the Online Registry Refund Application. 

Was this article helpful?